EEC at FHI 360 provides professional development and technical assistance on equity-based practices to educators and parents in both school and community-based settings. Training is always interactive, hands-on, and tailored to the needs of the client. Topics include gender equity, inclusion, science, math and teasing and bullying.
Our consulting projects have included:
- School-wide professional development for administrators, teachers, non-teaching school personnel, and parents in the New York metropolitan region and nationally. Our program addressed issues and solutions around teasing and bullying.
- Training workshops for Westchester Child Care Council education directors and group leaders on how to address teasing and bullying behavior in afterschool settings.
- Parent workshop series about teasing and bullying, facilitated through parent associations in New York City Schools. The workshops were conducted in English and Spanish.
- In-service training institute on gender equity for teachers through Long Island University.
- District-wide staff development on inquiry-based science teaching for administrators and teachers in New York City.
- District-wide staff development on inquiry-based science for students with disabilities for teachers and paraprofessionals in District 75, New York’s citywide special education district.
- Inquiry-based science professional development workshop series for afterschool group leaders through The After School Corporation (TASC).
Please contact Linda Colón at 1-212-367-4572 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.